Monday, May 16, 2011

changing of the last name?

Ok so the wall street journal is saying that women not changing their last name after being married is all together a job smart idea. they are saying that only around 18% of women are now changing their last name after marriage, me I personally think that a women changing her last name is tradition that family’s have had and should keep. And it seems to me in this post by the wall street journal that they are kinda dissing the married woman who decides to change their last name after marriage. they are saying that a women who doesn’t change their last name will be more likely to get a better paying job and be viewed as a more intellectual person. This isn’t right I believe that not taking the name of their husband could and probably would cause problems within the marriage.

3 comments:

  1. Agreed. When I get married I will be taking my husband's last name. I think it's ridiculous to say a woman who does take her husband's last name is not as intelltual. -___- Just more $h!+ that women have to deal with I suppose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree...that's just tradition, it's how names have been past down through the generations. It's not sexist in the least, it's just the system and it's how it's worked for so long. No one should try to change it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WTF its tradition just do it

    ReplyDelete